Redmond Dental is excited to welcome you back! We have missed our patients and can’t wait to see your smiles again. We have kept busy during the closure researching, purchasing and implementing many added safety precautions that are in addition to the current requirements. We are excited to share with you all the great ways we will help keep you safe. Here are some highlights.
- Medical grade air purifiers in every operatory and major common areas. Each purifier cleans the air in the operatory about once every 4 minutes.
- ULV fogging with electrolyzed water to disinfect the operatory air and hard to reach places after every patient appointment. Electrolyzed water is a powerful EPA approved disinfectant to kill coronavirus while also being safe, non-toxic, and nonirritating to people. It is FDA approved as a no-rinse food sanitizer and is used in eye drops and wound cleaner to prevent infection. The ULV fogger is a special device that creates fog so the disinfectant can stay in the air longer and can disinfect floors, carpets, PPE, and hard to reach places with more ease.
- Increased suction in each operatory. We have replaced our usual strong vacuum with a new even stronger vacuum which not only increases our normal suction strength but will allow us to add additional options when needed.
- Staff will be wearing high level Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) which will be changed or disinfected between each patient. A health screening and temperature check will be performed on every staff member before every shift and for each patient before their appointment.
Some things that may be different
- Patients will be contacted for pre-screening and asked to limit companions
- Patients will be asked to check-in via text or over the phone in their cars or outside, and will be told when it is their turn to enter.
- All patients will be asked to wear a mask and use hand sanitizer. A temperature screening will be done before you are seated.
- The office will be a little louder with the ULV fogger, additional suction and air purifiers. Your doctor and staff member will be wearing more layers of PPE. This may make it harder for staff to talk a lot and may take a little more time to put on; please be patient.
- Treatment planning may be done remotely via email or phone.
- Scheduling times may be more limited as we are adjusting our schedule for added safety precautions.
Our team members are busy at work preparing for reopening and contacting patients whose appointments were affected by the extended closure. We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have. See you soon!